Sunday, July 27, 2008

Hong Kong!

I haven't been updating here for a while, but there is a good reason. I've taken a new job in Hong Kong and am not in the process of moving! After 16 years, in Japan I've decided to take on a new challenge as the global head of technology infrastructure for an Asia-Pacific focused investment bank with its headquarters in Hong Kong. 

I'll still be blogging on matters of interest, except for specific comment on companies or securities covered by my new company. But US politics, macro trends, and personal stuff is still fair game! 

Here are some pictures of HK to get things started:

Views of Kowloon from HK Island side, and a shot of the International Financial Center!


Hong Kong at night from a ferry boat in the harbor. 
And the same view during the late afternoon. 


And finally for this post a view out of my office window:
 

Let the new adventure begin! China is definitely happening. Japan will still be there, and continues to be the most important financial center in Asia, but the gateway to China is Hong Kong.