Sunday, July 27, 2008

More Travels - Singapore and India

I visited Singapore last week. Here is a nice shot of the Asian Civilizations Museum from Boat Quay. 
Here is the Fullerton Hotel, which was built inside the renovated General Post Office building. 

That night, there were fireworks from behind the hotel. 

I flew from Tokyo to Mumbai on an ANA flight called "Business Jet." It was on an especially configured 737-700ER with only about 40 business class seats. It's a great way to travel! 
I also caught a glimpse of the new Airbus 380 in Tokyo-Narita airport. Haven't had a chance to travel on that yet though. Looks big! Quite a contrast from the aforementioned Business Jet.

I don't have very many pictures from my India trip itself, but it was certainly a great visit. India has come a long way since I was last there about 8 years ago. Pune was particularly impressive, with several large IT campuses supporting major companies in a variety of sectors. The general infrastructure is improving too. There is still a ways to go, but India continues to be a player in IT outsourcing and off-shoring for a lot of good reasons.