Saturday, November 29, 2008

Terror in Mumbai

Best wishes to all my friends and colleagues in Mumbai who have had to live through the ordeal of the recent terrorist attacks. I am happy to hear that all are safe. 

I have been a frequent visitor to the Oberoi hotel over the last 10 years. I am particularly saddened to hear of the losses among hotel staff, but also moved by the many who worked so hard to protect their guests from attack. 

Here is a picture of my room at the Oberoi-Trident from just a few months ago. It is example of the quality of service and attention to detail delivered every day by the hotel staff there. And it pales in comparison to the sacrifice of those who lost their lives this week. 
 

The war on islamofundamentalist terror is not yet won. If anything we must redouble our efforts. They cannot be allowed to succeed.